Please find Photos of all rooms on our Facebook page Emerson Spice Facebook page
Telephone to Hotel Reception: (255) 775 046 395 or (255) 774 483 483
Rate & Fact Sheet
Season June 2015 to April 2016
All rooms but Mimi have their own private veranda; guests in Mimi are welcome to use the rooftop tea house as their outside space.
All rooms are equipped with a small fridge, air conditioner, fan,and high ceiling mosquito net.
The double rooms have one queen size double antique Swahili bed, and enclosed en suite WC with bath and shower that is open or semi-open to the room. Therefore the double rooms are not suitable as twins, although we can add an extra bed for a child or baby cot when needed.
Aida is a duplex, suitable for a family. On the first level, there is a queen size bed in the main room, a single in the sitting area, and two singles on the upper level. Ideal for a family with up to three children, both WC and bath are en suite and enclosed.
Lunch is served daily in the downstairs Café between 12.oo-17.oo, no reservations necessary.
Our rooftop Tea House is open for dinners and sunset cocktails. On reservation only, seating is very limited. There is only one sitting and service begins promptly at 7 p.m. but we encourage guests to be there in time for sunset to make the most of the experience. The Restaurant is closed Thursdays.
Zanzibar Stone Town offers a unique cultural experience, fascinating street life, a range of restaurants, interesting shopping, annual Music and Film festivals such as Busara and ZIFF, and traditional music concerts at The Dhow Countries Music Academy.
Zanzibar is small and easy to get around. Nothing on the island is more than an hour away. We can arrange excursions to the coasts, or boat trips to the marine parks, sandbanks and islands nearby. Spice tours, City tours, Cultural tours, Art and Architecture tours are best from town.
From Airport: USD20 per Vehicle. From Seaport: USD 10 escort and help with luggage (including rikwama for luggage) From/To other resorts on Zanzibar: USD 50-75 depending on distance Note: all transfers and excursions are subcontracted, but are charged to your room bill and can be paid along with your other hotel extras.
Zanzibar Stone town, Tharia Street, Kiponda.
To avoid the busy central town market, enter Stone Town from the port, opposite Mercury’s Restaurant by the great fig tree, and continue to Zanzibar Palace hotel, from there it is a few minutes' walk to Emerson Spice. From the port it is about a 10 minute walk.
Postal Adress: P.O Box 4044, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Telephone to Hotel Reception:
(255) 775 046 395 or (255) 774 483 483
- Quoted in US Dollars and inclusive of 19% Hotel Levy and all other government taxes & levies
- Rates are per room, per night on bed and breakfast basis
- Breakfast is Continental; with fruit plate and eggs of choice, coffee or tea available.
- Inclusive of accommodation, breakfast, and free Wi-Fi
- No charge for children under 12 sharing with their parents, as of the age of 12 years a USD25 surcharge per night is added.
- Not Included: Transfers, excursions, personal Insurance, food or drinks
- Subject to change without prior notice, Emerson Spice reserves the right to increase the rates accordingly.
- The hotel accepts Visa, Mastercard, and TZS or USD in cash. No extra charges on card payments.
Following percentages of total accommodation rate will be charged in case of cancellation,
- Please note that only written cancellations will be accepted.
- 31 days or more before arrival – NIL
- 30 – 15 days before arrival 50%
- 14-08 days before arrival 75%
- 7 days or less prior to arrival 100%
- Reservations are only accepted by email.
- Your booking is confirmed upon payment only.
- We hold a booking for a limited time; a booking expires automatically if payment is not received.
- Check in time 13.oo Check Out time 11.oo. Early check in on availability. Late check out only on availability; to ensure holding your room after checkout time full reservation is necessary. Luggage can be stored in the hotel
- If you are considering booking one night only, please note that from polling our guests, the vast majority of those who stayed only one night feel that they had not enough time to enjoy the attractions of Zanzibar Stone Town or the hotel.
- Please note that we can only try to hold a specific chosen room for you when the booking is of more than two consecutive nights, to assist us in serving you please let us know your preferred group of rooms and we will do our best to accommodate.
Please find Photos of all rooms on our Facebook page,